Dave Corder is the husband of Sandy Jones,

who is the daughter of Margaret (Peg) Magrann,

daughter of Thomas Magrann,

son of John Lawrence Magrann

Interesting note, Dave is the cousin of Ashleigh and Sonny Comstock (Sandy's sister's kids!)  The Olneys and Jenkes were early settlers of Rhode Island. Patience Jenkes married Daniel Comstock in 1768. These are Ashleigh and Sonny's 6th Great Grandparents.  Patience's Great Grandfather, Joseph Jenkes, is Dave's 8th Great Grandfather! Thus in turn, Joseph is Ashleigh and Sonny's 9th Great Grandfather.)

Dave Corder is linked to the Plantagenet's, which shows he's the descendant of William I, "The Conqueror" and the line of King Henry's, et al.  Additionally, he's descended from French and Spanish Kings, due to the intermarriages!

He also has a lot of political and religious leaders in the U.S., including cousin Stephen Hopkins who signed the Declaration of Independence and Anne Hutchinson/Frances Marbury - leaders among the Quakers and religiously significant people of their time.


Notes for Thomas Olney, Jr.:

One of the founders of Providence, RI. First treasurer of the Colony.

Thomas Olney, born in Hertford, Hertfordshire, England, which city formed a part of St. Alban Parish, the seat of one of the most ancient monasteries and long celebrated in English history as the center of spiritual influence. Of his early life we know nothing.

He received a “Permit to Emigrate to New England” April 2, 1635 and came to Salem, Massachusetts by the ship Planter. He was appointed surveyor in January 1636, and granted 40 acres of land at Jeffrey Creek, now known as Manchester, near Salem. He was made freeman the same year and early associated with Roger Williams. With a number of others, he was excluded from the colony. They formed a new settlement at the head of Narragansett Bay which they named Providence in grateful remembrance of their deliverance from their enemies. They thus became the “Original 13 Proprietors of Providence” having purchased their rights from the Indians. In July 1639, he and his wife and their companions were excluded from the church at Salem, “because they wholly refused to hear the church, denying it, and were re-baptized.”

His prominence in the Colony is shown by the various duties he was called to perform:

In 1638, he was chosen the first treasurer. In 1647, was chosen to form a town government.

In 1648, was chosen assistant for Providence and held the office continuously until 1663.

In 1665 with Roger Williams and Thomas Harris, he was chosen a judge of the Justices Court.

In 1656 was chosen to treat with Massachusetts Bay about the Pawtucket lands. In 1663, the name appears among the grantees of the Royal Charter of Charles II.

He was one of the founders of the First Baptist Church in Providence, and at one time acted as pastor. He was the leader of a schism in the church upon the question of “laying on of hands” about 1652-1654.

He was evidently a man of stern and decided opinion, who did not hesitate to advance his views among his neighbors. Of him, in his occupation as surveyor, it is said, “as he entered upon the surrounding lands with his field book, chain, and compass, and mystic words, with the peculiar dignity of official characters of that day, he may well have inspired the Indians with profound awe, and led them to feel that no Indian could henceforth dwell upon that part of their tribal property again.”

Occupation: Shoemaker


Generation No. 12


2464. Eppenetus Olney, born February 14,1633/34 in Hertford,

Hertfordshire, England; died June 03, 1698 in Providence, Providence, Rhode

Island. He was the son of 4928. Thomas Olney, Jr. and 4929. Marie (Mary)

Ashton. He married 2465. Mary Whipple March 09,1665/66 in Providence,

Rhode Island.

Notes for Eppenetus Olney:

Operated the Olney Tavern Inn in Providence, Rhode Island.

Eppenetus, with others, were appointed to get timber out and frame a bridge to be built over the Moshassuck River.

In 1666, 76, 84, and 86 he held the position of Deputy.

8/14/1 676, He was one of those “who staid and went not away” during the King Phillip’s war.  He was given a share in the disposition of the Indian captives whose services were sold for a term of years.

1695-97 he served the Town Council

Occupation: Tavern Operator


One of the children of Eppenetus Olney and Mary Whipple is:

vii. Thomas Olney, born May 18,1686 in North Providence, Rhode Island; died July 28,1752

in Providence, Providence, Rhode Island;

Notes for Thomas Olney:

Deputy to the General Assembly in 1722,1730, and 1734.

Elected to Town Council 1725-6.

Town Treasurer in 1722.



Generation No. 10


616. William Olney, born February 22, 1703/04 in Smithfield, Providence, Rhode Island; died Bet. 1770 - 1774 in Sackville, Nova Scotia, Canada.

More About William Olney:

Occupation:    Blacksmith/Tanner


Notes for Eliakim Malcolm:

Second birth recorded in Oakland Township.

A United Empire Loyalist. Involved in the “Duncomb&s Rebellion” in 1837.

Laid out and surveyed the village of Scotland.

He was the first Reeve of Oakland and the first Warden in 1853-1854 of Brant



172. Finlay Malcolm, born 1750 in Aberdeenshire, Scotland; died

September 18, 1829 in Oakland, Ontario. He was the son of Duncan Malcolm.

Notes for Finlay Malcolm:

Possibly a United Empire Loyalist.

Occupation: Sea Captain/Farmer                  

Two of the children of Finlay Malcolm and Tryphena Wardwell are

ii. John Malcolm, born 1776 in Penobscot, Maine; died September 1846 in Oakland, Ontario;

Notes for John Malcolm:

John was jailed in the Hamilton Jail in 1837 as a suspect in the “Duncombe’s Rebellion,” but was later discharged and cleared.

Owned and operated Malcolm Mills with his brother Finlay.

Military service: 1814, Capt. let Regiment, Oxford Militia War 1812

Occupation: Farmer and Grist Mill Owner

iv. Finlay Malcolm, born June 1779 in Penobscot, Maine; died March 1862 in Oakland, Ontario

Notes for Finlay Malcolm:

Finley and brother John owned and operated the Malcolm Mills in Oakland. They built the grist mill in 1806 and the saw mill in 1807. The mills were burned to the ground by the Americans on I 1/7/1814. War claims were awarded to the brothers. Possibly served in Captain J. Whiting’s Co. in 1757, in the campaign of 1758, and as corporal in the campaign of 1769.